What sets us apart from other interpreting providers in the metropolitan Indianapolis area is the fact that we are customers ourselves.
We demand quality. How? We use nationally-certified interpreters who adhere to a stringent Code of Professional Conduct developed and maintained by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf. At times, and at the specific request of Deaf consumers, we will send interpreters who may not yet hold RID certification but who have been carefully screened and approved by the local Deaf community.
In addition, we maintain a consumer profile on Deaf consumers’ needs and interpreter preferences. That way, we can ensure that real communication will take place between Deaf and hearing people.
We don’t take shortcuts.
Why? The shortcuts hurt us and you. We will not send less-qualified interpreters, charge the same rate, and pocket the difference. We will not send an interpreter that is inexperienced or a poor match for the situation. We will not cheat our paying customers or the Deaf community, period.
Why Use Sharp Eyed’s Services?
1. ONE phone call or ONE e-mail to request an interpreter, instead of you making multiple contacts.
2. NO worries on your part if an interpreter has to cancel…SEG takes care of finding a replacement.
3. SEG maintains up-to-date contact with interpreters. No need for you to chase interpreters for their new phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
4. SEG has access to 70+ highly-qualified interpreters.
5. ONE invoice to you to pay, from SEG…instead of multiple invoices from multiple interpreters
6. Greatly reduced year-end paperwork…no need for you to send out 1099s to interpreters